TGIF[R-S]: Ten Things I Hate About the FR-S

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TGIF[R-S]: Ten Things I Hate About the FR-S

TGIF[R-S]: Ten Things I Hate About the FR-S

By now you’ve probably heard of every single great thing about the FR-S, like how it has impeccable balance, superior driving feel and stunning value at $25k, but what about the thoughts of an honest-to-goodness owner. Make no mistake, I love this car, but it’s not perfect.

Daily driving has brought to light ten major flaws with the car, from comfort to convenience. Maybe in a few years when the FR-S is updated and includes some updates, I can look back and credit myself for bringing the perfect car to fruition. In the mean time I’ll just complain, like a stuck up automotive journalist.
    Read all ten of Sami's issues with the FR-S at AutoGuide.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    FR-SForum.com
    Advertisements

Scion will be coming out with an arm rest, soon enough! It's one of the things i was shocked that they didn't include

Well I guess if that's a joke I don't get it. I do agree that I want a center console armrest but my Suzuki sx4 didn't come stock with one either. Gas tank size? Again the sx4 tank is barley 10. When I saw the FSR had a 13.2 I thought it was a plus. The only thing that I could complain about is the driver window switch is kind of awkward for me to reach. The stuff they said about the dash is exactly the same thing said about the mr2 spyder. For my money if that's all you got I would say Scion/Subaru did a pretty darn good job!

5. Remove Advertisements
    FR-SForum.com
    Advertisements

I love my FR-S but it needs more power like my boyfriends Corvette or better balance like his friends Miata. Im thinking the engine in the STI might make it more fun.

Thank GOD its not a HONDA what a crappy car that is.

I would rather walk than drive a HONDA CIVIC SI. IVTEC IS GARBAGE!!!!

There's a few things I'm disappointed about. The after thought speedometer on the left side of the instrument panel. The missing cover/arm rest over the center console. The fact it's hot a hatch back.

One thing that Toyota did that pisses me off is they put an emergency brake boot on the car with black stitching and then provide one with red stitching as an extra cost option. That is an underhanded, below the belt trick.

Nothing about door rattles?! Power is not great but she carries an engine that encourages you to really step into it and she is sufficient enough to break loose and drift, that is not a question. Stereo and exhaust look and note are my least favorite things.

Better Balance? it already has crazy good balance, but i agree with the power, im purhcasing one of th turbo kits

1) Not enough power
    2) No space in the back
    3) Wish it was initially the Toyota 86 (don't really like Scion. I feel like I'm part of the TC club)
    4) Ugly dashboard
    5) Whatever tires
    6) BIG blind spot
    7) Idle issue
    8) No fog lights
    9) Wish it was a v6
    10) I got up to 9.

1-quick but not enough power.
    2-NO room in the back seat= pointless seats/ no center console?? really..
    3-front lights came with regular halogen bulbs and not HID
    4-bottom, break light, triangular light is wired but don't work? if you can help with this i would appreciate it.
    5-cut out for nice exhaust but stock exhaust tips look stupid from behind...
    6- pioneer radio looks old fashion and doesn't fit the car interior.
    7- brakes are not ceramic and make a lot of break dust, downfall for a 2013 car...
    8- really bad blind spot when backing up.
    9- random noises from the engine at random times, kind of awkward..
    10- the lights beside the headlights stay on all the time, plus the 2 other orange lights should be clear atleast.

I hear where you are coming from - I want to buy this car but there are a couple of things that kind of annoy me about this car.
    1. It drones at high revs. And piping this into the cabin doesn't really help.
    2. I agree with you RE: the Scion badging - why does it need to be a Scion?
    3. Why does the NA versions go without the fog lights, spoiler, and HID/LED lights of the euro/JPY versions?

I did my own review of the car if you are interested:
    2013 Scion FR-S Test Drive – Pilgrimage to Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway | 143 CAR

I sat here reading all this and cannot post what I'm thinking. All I can say is "Wah! Wah! Wah!" If you don't like ten things about a car, don't drive it. Try and find one car that has all the things you want. Personally, I love this car. The little annoyances are not that big or bad. I drive it every day and enjoy the adventure. Of course, I live in the mountains, so I have more chances for adventure. Okay, vent over.
    In memory of my father...Semper Fi

Just test drove an FR-S for the first time tonight. If this is the worst that anyone has to complain about, I'm going to make them an offer on it Monday. Hope to be joining you as a full-fledged member next week. Jumping ship from Honda for the first time in over 20 years. No complaints about them at all (still own 2), but can't get over the incredible reviews I've been reading about this car for the past week, and tonight's first drive made a believer out of me. Raven black with MT, btw.

Okay, I did it. Didn't know about the "Pure Pricing" deal, so that threw me a little. But it's still a helluva lot of car for not much money. Only a couple of grand more than the Civic Si I was considering, which compared to the FR-S, is like taking grandma to the hairdresser. As for complaints, not much. Some of the body work is pretty flimsy, especially the rear deflector, but that's understandable to keep the weight down. And that Pioneer head unit is pure craptastic, but that's easily fixed. Otherwise, loving it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)