My suspension upgrades.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My suspension upgrades.

My suspension upgrades.

I was already impressed with the handling of my stock 2014 FRS. I could tell that it would respond well to some minor upgrades, so I decided to try some. The car already had the TRD exhaust, TRS cool air intake and TRD rear spoiler. I recently added a Magic Drift spoiler package, including a front splitter, side skirts and rear mud flaps. This package does nothing technically, for the handling, but it gives it the look of being lowered, even though it is at it stock height. Finally I installed TRD front and rear sway bars with a Megan Racing strut tower brace. These upgrades really improved the handling, beyond it's already great handling abilities. It is so flat around turns, and although it is a slightly firmer ride, it is not harsh at all. Next, I am planning on going to a lighter and wider tire/wheel combo. I want to get more rubber on the ground and fill out the wheel well openings better. I have been considering lowering springs, but the car is low enough now, that I have clearance issue in many places. I want to take the Scion auto-crossing in the next few weeks. I have no big dreams of being competitive. I just want to enjoy the cars capabilities. Any advice is welcome. I also have a 2013 Corvette Grand Sport. The Scion is far more fun to drive in most situations. Don't get me wrong, the Corvette is real fast and handles/brakes incredibly. It's just that it's limits are so high, that it is more intense and demanding. Enjoy your FRSs. These are truly impressive cars. Especially for the money.

Mikengrace.
    Mikengrace.
    2014 Scion FRS. TRD exhaust, TRD cool air induction, TRD rear spoiler, TRD front and rear sway bars, Megan Racing strut tower brace, Megan Racing rear shock tower brace, Megan Racing rear frame brace. Magic Drift front splitter, Magic Drift side skirts, rear mud flaps. Baylor rear diffuser. Painted brake calipers, Red. Painted various engine components, Red.

2. Remove Advertisements
    FR-SForum.com
    Advertisements

More additions.

Just added a Megan Racing rear shock tower brace and a Megan Racing rear frame brace. Also installed a Baylor rear diffuser.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My suspension upgrades.-image.jpg  
    Last edited by Mikengrace; 09-14-2014 at 09:24 PM.
    Mikengrace.
    2014 Scion FRS. TRD exhaust, TRD cool air induction, TRD rear spoiler, TRD front and rear sway bars, Megan Racing strut tower brace, Megan Racing rear shock tower brace, Megan Racing rear frame brace. Magic Drift front splitter, Magic Drift side skirts, rear mud flaps. Baylor rear diffuser. Painted brake calipers, Red. Painted various engine components, Red.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)