KW Variant 3 Coilovers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: KW Variant 3 Coilovers

2. Remove Advertisements
    FR-SForum.com
    Advertisements

YES!!! I was looking forward to seeing these. Looks like I found my first set of coilovers

KW Variant 3 Coilover Suspension for 2012 Scion FR-S & Subaru BR-Z
    KW Suspensions announce their Variant 3 stainless steel constructed coilover for the 2012 Scion FR-S & Subaru BR-Z. The KW Suspensions coilover for the 2012 Scion FR-S & Subaru BR-Z enables the owner to lower their vehicle 20-50mm on the front axles and 20-50mm on the rear axles and retains enough travel to handle maximum load and dynamic loads during driving.

Adjustable (and independent reacting) rebound and compression damping allows a truly individual performance driving setup for those technically demanding drivers. Compression dampening adjustment conducted in the low-speed range, while KW engineers set-up the high-speed pre-set, so decisive for driving comfort.

Taken into consideration with each KW coilover design are important characteristics such as quality and performance. We specifically design and engineer each vehicle application for the proper range of motion, min/max weight loads and min/max lowering. KW maintains all these requirements while retaining its performance handling characteristics. The stainless steel construction internally and externally provides long-term durability and corrosion resistance from the elements. All KW Variant 3 coilovers come with a limited lifetime warranty.
    All KW coilovers pass stringent German TUV safety and quality testing standards. Each kit sold TUV approved.
    Part # 35258004 MSRP: $2,499.99

SWEET! already!? i like where this is going maybe we'll see some motons soon!

5. Remove Advertisements
    FR-SForum.com
    Advertisements

Here. Tirerack has it now!

KW Variant 3 Coil-Over

Nice..

For $2,499.99 it's well worth it as you're buying the best here but a small population of FR-S owners will be buying these brand new when they come out. Looking at the age group of people the FR-S is aimed at, most FR-S's with coilovers will have Megan's, entry level Tein's, K Sport, etc Just coilovers under $1000

Banned
    sweet decent coil-overs!

Nice! My brother just picked up the KW V3's for his 335i. It rides very nicely. Not harsh at all. Having the 2 adjustments makes it very easy to tune for the track. Good set of coilovers.

^ oh did he now, how much did he pay for the KWv3 on his 335i?

How much time did he spend fine tuning the suspension? I would imagine it would take quiet some time, one thing im dissapointed in is that coilovers do not have markings on the threads showing mesurments such as how many mm or what not, i know of one company that does this Standard suspension.

Has anyone seens how low these go on the Frs? I am kindof partial to lower than convenient vehicles and am lookin to set up my Frs good and low, kinda like my skuby I sold to get it lol

Yes I know its lower than reccomended for optimal handling... blah blah blah.... but its how I like to slide. Are the KW's still efficient at that low of a ride hight (since the ride hight is adjusted with the spring preload)?

The ride height is not adjusted with the spring preload. That's a terrible way to adjust height.

The lower perch should adjust ride height. I don't think the KW V3s go that low. They are built for performance minded cars. If you want to slam your car there will be coilovers for that purpose.

One of my friends actually has the kwv3 on his s2000 and they are quality coilovers the ajustability is quite nice. I have the Buddy Club Race Spec Dampers, If i would of drove his car earlier i would of gotten these forsure.
    [FONT=times new roman]2000 Integra DC2 NHB - Sold
    2003 S2000 AP1 BB - Daily Driver
    2000 3.2TL UA4 NBP - Winter Beater
    2013 FR-S Raven - On Order
    2006 Honda CBR 600RR - Road Warrior
    --------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by AE86 View Post
    SWEET! already!? i like where this is going maybe we'll see some motons soon!
    Moton USA was bought by AST a year ago, who also makes a quality damper. I am evaluating JRZ, AST, KW, and Eibach. for my FR-S. there is quality difference between all of those, but there is also a decent price difference too. I hope to have something on order in the next week.

I think the AST coilover may be better quality than the KW but the setup on the KW is more track tuned than the AST. The ASTs are rebound adjustable only right? What are the spring rates on the AST vs the KWs?

I know the ASTs are the 4000 series which isn't their best series.

KW are ahigher end coilover than ASt i would say, i know of one person running AST coilovers but its on his drift car.

In terms of track i think a KW would be a better option as also they do not allow you to go that low.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)