hi guys. hook me up with some tips on buying my frs?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hi guys. hook me up with some tips on buying my frs?

hi guys. hook me up with some tips on buying my frs?

hi there,

looking to buy in the next few days. out here in socal, im having a HELL of a time just finding an frs with factory options.

ive found frs' with 5k added for rims and tires. leather interior.

then i saw craziness like this....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000041.jpg 
Views:	2591 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	681

i just want to pay msrp. not with some crazy options i never asked for ya know?

tips?

thanks in advance,

- me

2. Remove Advertisements
    FR-SForum.com
    Advertisements

They're charging $1000 for window tint? Can you not report these bastards to the better business bureau? Or at the very least, scion corp.????

Depends on where you're at. Both dealers near me are sticking to Scion pricing and then fighting over who can make me happier. I just got back from the dealer ~40 miles away and they let me have an hour long solo test drive of an auto asphalt FR-S. That sure as hell convinced me over the Hyundai Genesis Turbo Coupe. Even though the Hyundai is faster in a straight line it doesn't feel as exciting, mostly due to the fact that not only is it heavier, but it can't hide it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    FR-SForum.com
    Advertisements

windows tint that is got to be the funniest thing i have ever seen from a dealer. I would go on scions website and call the dealers around your area and find one that is honest

Rich at Kearny Mesa Scion (in San Diego) gave me the best car buying experience I've ever had. Very knowledgeable and kept me informed. You will have to wait many weeks for your FR-S, so don't expect to walk out the door with it.

They charge straight-up MSRP and don't try to do a hard up-sell on the few add-ons.

Quote Originally Posted by larrymarket View Post
    They're charging $1000 for window tint? Can you not report these bastards to the better business bureau? Or at the very least, scion corp.????
    I spoke to Scion about this very issue. Although they want to hear when dealers tack on "options" that are not really options, they aren't able to prevent it from happening. The best word I could get is that it is not "recommended" practice.

It's your local dealer's way of maximizing profit.

Also, I understand that Toyota is starving the new car channel a bit due to issues that some cars are having with Check Engine Lights coming on (with rough idle and timing issues). Parts that would have gone to new cars are being redirected for US repairs.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by cerebrix View Post
    hi there,

looking to buy in the next few days. out here in socal, im having a HELL of a time just finding an frs with factory options.

ive found frs' with 5k added for rims and tires. leather interior.

then i saw craziness like this....

i just want to pay msrp. not with some crazy options i never asked for ya know?

tips?

thanks in advance,

- me
    Since you're in SoCal, it seems that Toyota of Riverside doesn't always add options to their FR-S's (that's where I got my replacement).

Also, I understand that Toyota is starving the new car channel a bit due to issues that some cars are having with Check Engine Lights coming on (with rough idle and timing issues). Parts that would have gone to new cars are being redirected for US repairs. That may make it hard for you to find an available car at the moment!

I'm trying to figure out how to buy a specific color and model, and not having much luck calling dealers within 300 miles of me.. it's listed on autotrader.com, and then when I contact them, they say it's sold. I know they move fast, but it still seems shady. There are a few in my area, but not the color and model I'm looking for. Do I just need to pick a dealer and ask them to order what I want instead of trying to track one down? I'm in the San Francisco bay area.

Thanks!
    Mike

Leather interior, that better not be the seats. I hate LEATHER seats. The seats on the FR-S alone is super comfy!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)