If you are facing QuickBooks error h505, then maybe it occurring because of switching QuickBooks company files into the multi-user mode. Besides, an improper company file hosting configuration could be the reason of this error. Let’s know what can be other causes of QuickBooks error code h505.
Now, we need to check other possible causes of QuickBooks error h505.
Causes of QuickBooks h505
1. Incorrect DNS settings may be the cause of QuickBooks error h505.
2. It might be possible that the QuickBooks Database Server is damaged.
3. Possibly, the current firewall settings blocking access is the reason for QuickBooks h505.
4. There are chances that QuickBooks services are not running on your server and due to this, you are confronting QuickBooks error code h505.
Finally, you have to follow some solutions to fix QuickBooks error h505.
Solutions to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code h505
Solution 1- Enable Hosting Mode
1. Firstly, you need to open QB on all user’s computer that is showing an error H505.
2. Secondly, you have to navigate through the file menu and choose utilities.
3. Thirdly, you are required to locate the option host multi-user access.
4. In case a system has stopped hosting a multi-user access option, you need to click on it.
5. You need to open QB on the server.
6. You are required to go to the options like host multi-user access or stop hosting multi-user access.
7. Finally, you need to enable the hosting mode on the server.
Solution 2- Set Firewall
1. First, you need to click on start and then navigate to the control panel.
2. Next, you are required to click on open the firewall settings.
3. You have to click on allow a program option.
4. Now, add QuickBooks 20XX version and save the changes.
5. You need to restart your PC and check QuickBooks error h505 is fixed.
Hope, you have understood how to fix QuickBooks error code h505, with the help of the above-steps.
If the given steps in the blog don’t fix QuickBooks error h505, then dial the QuickBooks Toll- Free Support Phone Number +1-888-660-0607.