New kid in Oakland

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New kid in Oakland

New kid in Oakland

Hi folks-

New guy from Oakland, California. I'm finally back in a proper car- before this, I had a 1998 Jeep Cherokee (hated that thing so much it was the only car I ever bought and sold on the same smog certificate), and a 2000 Miata before that. The Miata was great, but didn't have enough space in it. I require at least enough space to take a bicycle wheel to the shop. Before that it was a whole parade of motorcycles, but after a car tried to eat one while I was riding it, and another tried to take my leg off a week later, I decided it was time for a break. I've also had a Honda Civic EX (2001), two VW Rabbits (a 1982-ish convertible and a 2006), a Jetta from 1986, two Toyota pickup trucks (a 1982 4x4 and a 1996), and a 1977 Beetle.

Anyhow, this is me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00794.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	5193

And this is my fancy new car!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FRS.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	5201

2013, just a hair over 60k miles. Almost entirely bone stock- the PO put in a subwoofer, BRZ headlight bulbs, and a oil drain spigot. I've never had one of those, but it seems clever. Since it was a private sale I got it inspected, and the official word is "pristine"- this thing is basically new. I'm pretty stoked.

It's gonna need tires soon, so I'm researching what I want to do there. It's mostly a commuter with the occasional canyon run in the Santa Cruz or Oakland hills, so probably nothing TOO aggressive. I wouldn't mind a slightly higher sidewall with all the potholes and wrecked streets around here. The only other thing I'm seriously considering at this point is an OpenFlash to even out the torque dip- that really is pretty noticeable. Also, I have an E85 station about a mile from my house...

2. Remove Advertisements
    FR-SForum.com
    Advertisements

I'd have to agree with you that the Cherokee is arguably the worst vehicle ever made. I wouldn't own one if someone gave it to me and added a thousand bucks in cash!

Anyway, I'm glad to have you join up on the forums, and welcome aboard!

Sweet ! Welcome to the forum

5. Remove Advertisements
    FR-SForum.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to FR-Sforum!
    ~ Every Road Has A Rhythm. Find It. ~

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)