Hello from Texas

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Texas

Hello from Texas

Hey yo, I'm new to the FR-S scene. Recently took ownership (July) of a 2013 FR-S. So far so good. I am loving my car. I didn't realize how much I missed the sports car feel. I've been out of the sports car segment for at least 12 years. Family changed my priorities. I've had a couple of Chevrolet Avalanche and a couple of commuter Corollas for work as I have a 200 mile round trip for work daily. Now that those cars are paid off I decided to get me a little fun car. My past sports cars have been 1991 Eagle Talon AWD with upgraded turbo and 1996 Eagle Talon turbo. Although the FR-S does not compare in straight line speed to my Talons it definately makes up for it in the handling department by far. I want to do basic bolt ons with nothing major yet for the near future. I've already ordered a cold air intake and my next order will be a cat back exhaust, still considering header back. That might hold me off until I get the itch again to upgrade. I loved the style of these cars ever since they were introduced. Glad to be part of the FR-S forum.

2. Remove Advertisements
    FR-SForum.com
    Advertisements

Watch out for the "Mod Bug". Her bite is infectious!
    Love the username , BTW. Our other Administrator, TrailDust's 2nd home is TX.
    Welcome to the forum!

Someone say Texas? I grew up a number of years in San Antonio, so I know the city very well. Welcome to the FR-S forums, where for some strange reason you can do no wrong.

5. Remove Advertisements
    FR-SForum.com
    Advertisements

I've been to San Antonio once back in the '90's. Riverwalk, The Botanical Gardens and Sea World! Loog drive though. 10 hrs from where I was living at the time. Was very fun.

Amazing how much it's changed over the years. We lived in San Antonio from late 1968 to mid 1974. The river walk in those days was quiet, quaint, with just a few shops and restaurants. Nowadays, wow! It's like the New Orleans French quarter meets Main Street Disneyland. I try to get back as much as I can my birth state, but I haven't been there in at least three years. I need to rectify that.

Yeah, the RiverWalk was Big. Tons of restaurants, shops and even dinner cruise boats.
    I really enjoyed SeaWorld. The seals were hilarious!

Next time you're in TX, maybe we can meet. Steve might could join us too. He's always near my neck of the woods.Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2Jedi View Post
    Yeah, the RiverWalk was Big. Tons of restaurants, shops and even dinner cruise boats.
    I really enjoyed SeaWorld. The seals were hilarious!

Next time you're in TX, maybe we can meet. Steve might could join us too. He's always near my neck of the woods.Just a thought.
    Absolutely, guaranteed we'll meet up. Hopefully some time late next year because you know why I'm stuck here the next few months. Bummer.

Thanks for the welcome fellas. Yes I am from San Antonio. I've been here my whole life. I very well know about the mod bug. I had it many times in my DSM days. I find it hard to stay away from mods. I am about to sell my turbo Talon that I have to fund my mods for FRS. lol.

I actually just came back from a trip to California 2 weeks ago. I got a glimpse of the car scene by accident at an In and Out burger parking lot. tons of cars. MR2jedi I have been to AR twice. My buddy's family lives there in Marianna.

Yeah, I'm afraid you've contracted the "Mod Bug" permanently. Only way to relieve the symptoms are $$$ and performance parts !
    I'm in Heber Springs these days. Moved here a couple of years ago from Monticello.

Quote Originally Posted by spoolinfast View Post
    Thanks for the welcome fellas. Yes I am from San Antonio. I've been here my whole life. I very well know about the mod bug. I had it many times in my DSM days. I find it hard to stay away from mods. I am about to sell my turbo Talon that I have to fund my mods for FRS. lol.
    Very nice! I was born in Abilene and later moved to San Antonio, and then been back many times since. I'm still deciding whether to retire to the Hill Country or to Nevada. Time will tell, but my heart is always with Texas!

I actually just came back from a trip to California 2 weeks ago. I got a glimpse of the car scene by accident at an In and Out burger parking lot. tons of cars. MR2jedi I have been to AR twice. My buddy's family lives there in Marianna.
    It figures. In-N-Out Burgers are the best in the world, but you can go to any of their locations at literally 3AM and the parking lot is a clusterf***! Not surprised you saw an accident there.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2Jedi View Post
    Yeah, I'm afraid you've contracted the "Mod Bug" permanently. Only way to relieve the symptoms are $$$ and performance parts !
    I'm in Heber Springs these days. Moved here a couple of years ago from Monticello.
    Any man who's rebuilt his car engine in the living room is definitely someone who caught the mod bug real bad. LOL!

The mods have begun. Installed an Air Raid cold air intake last week and yesterday my cat back exhaust came in. I went with the Magnaflow cat back system after hearing sound clips of many, many exhaust. I couldnt wait for the weekend to install it myself. Decided to go to a muffler shop and have them do it. I am very happy with the sound of the exhaust. Deep and low. Not loud at idle but rumbles on take off. Definately the sound I was looking for. Im sure it will get a little louder as it gets broken in. We will see what mods are next.

The mods have begun. Installed an Air Raid cold air intake last week and yesterday my cat back exhaust came in. I went with the Magnaflow cat back system after hearing sound clips of many, many exhaust. I couldnt wait for the weekend to install it myself. Decided to go to a muffler shop and have them do it. I am very happy with the sound of the exhaust. Deep and low. Not loud at idle but rumbles on take off. Definately the sound I was looking for. Im sure it will get a little louder as it gets broken in. We will see what mods are next.
    Awesome to hear that... If you feel motivated and/or have them available, by all means post up any pics of those mods.

Welcome to the forum! Great to have you here and congrats on your FR-S. Sounds like its a beautiful ride, especially after all the mods you're doing on it. Share with us some pictures when you can. You'll find some interesting info on this forum. If you haven't found what you're looking for, feel free to post a question. If you have knowledge that someone else is looking for, feel free to share!
    Scion Experts http://www.carid.com/scion-fr-s-accessories/
    Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Well its been about 3 months since I took ownership of my FR-S. It seems like I cant stop spending money on my car. I've done the usual intake and exhaust mods. I also added some fog lights and some simple engine dress up items like anodized battery tie down, radiator cap and red anodized fender washers. Finally this weekend I decided to install some new wheels. I decided on 17x8 and kept the stock tires as they are new and to save some money. I was afraid I would not like the stretch on the tire as these wheels are wider, but actually after the install I was okay with how it looked. I will replace the tires once I wear these out with some wider tires. I decided to go with red wheels and I really like the end result. We will see how long I can go without spending more money. I will try and upload pics.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)