Scion FR-S Overall maintenance

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scion FR-S Overall maintenance

Scion FR-S Overall maintenance

Im looking at buying a 2013 Scion FR-S with 62K miles. I was told by someone unfamiliar with these cars that special maintenance would be needed specifically by the dealer on this car because of the boxer engine. Could anyone let me know if this is true or not? I have read that spark plugs need a special tool and the auto transmissions need a special tool just to check them and that they are sealed units. Could someone confirm this for me as well? I also seen on a maintenance schedule that tranny fluid and spark plugs are recommended at 60K so im checking to see if this has been done on this car already since he claims it was owned by a Toyota dealership up until 57K miles. Any input highly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    FR-SForum.com
    Advertisements

Special maintenance? Not exactly.
    More frequent maintenance to maintain reliability? Yeah probably.
    As for the spark plugs I'm sure if you're creative you can figure out a way to fit a normal ratchet and extended socket in there once you get the coil packs off and use the Hellen Keller method to get the fresh ones back in without crossing the threads. The top of the cylinder heads are pretty close to the sides of the frame though so I'd leave spark plugs to a Toyota Mechanic.
    I don't know too much about the automatic transmissions so I will not make any assumptions as to its' components. What I will say, however, is that to truly enjoy this car it needs to be a manual.

I should really check the thread date before I reply

5. Remove Advertisements
    FR-SForum.com
    Advertisements

The forums are a bit slow. Still, there is relevant information still in many threads, as well as relevant links to issues. Just wanted to point that out, no problem.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)