FR-S widebody or overfenders?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FR-S widebody or overfenders?

Exclamation FR-S widebody or overfenders?

Even tho the FR-S release date is months ahead and it might be early for someone to be thinking about a FR-S widebody kit or overfenders, i just had to post this.

wide body kits can be expensive, i've seen them go for $4000-7000 just for parts alone, over fenders are a cheaper solution but don't look as good.

what should i do?
    what would you do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    FR-SForum.com
    Advertisements

If your willing to shell out almost $8 000 - $10 000 for a widebody kit, installation & paint, go ahead! That money can be better spent doing a ton of FR-S performance upgrades. I just wouldn't do it.

Overfenders.... I only saw a handful of cars with them that look good, the rest look really cheap. It's a cheap solution, not one I recommend.

this is the way i look at it when i think about that,

aftermarket turbo + many many mods, Or.... body kit

i'll take the performance everytime

5. Remove Advertisements
    FR-SForum.com
    Advertisements

the FR-S seems aggressive enough, all you might need from the start is some nice fitting wheels, coilover suspension and a lip kit if your concerned about looks.

a widebody kit is a big project and something you should leave for a later time for your project. start with the small things and slowly move up to the big mods like that.

You dont need a widebody kit unless your gona be doing some time attack id rather stick to the sleeper look and put all the extra money into the engine and suspension

thanks for all the replies and the suggestions.

I won't be doing any serious time attack, maybe a few times a month.
    The FR-S widebody kit will be more for looks rather than performance.

Maybe I will hold off on a widebody kit for sometime. I asked a body shop how much for the full job and 8-10K including parts was the figure i got.

I think Vielside will jump on this and make it look like a batmobile in no time. Widebody vielside ft86

Quote Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
    I think Vielside will jump on this and make it look like a batmobile in no time. Widebody vielside ft86
    Veilside.....they're a funny brand. It's either they bring out some hardcore ricer parts or something amazing & unique.

I wonder what are the chances of a FR-S Veilside widebody kit as crazy as the one they made for the RX-7 called the "Veilside Fortune"

If they can do something like that ^ and give the FR-S a supercar appearance, that will do big for the car.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)