2013 Scion FR-S "Official" Pricing Leaked: $24,200 US
NEWS

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2013 Scion FR-S "Official" Pricing Leaked: $24,200 US

Scion FR-S Pricing Leaked: $24,200

When it hits Scion dealers in June, the 2013 FR-S will be priced from $24,200 according to a leaked dealer document. That puts it just $50 under the 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe.

Included in that price will be the 200 hp 2.0-liter direct-injection boxer 4-cylinder mated to a six-speed manual transmission. Those wishing for the surprisingly good six-speed automatic will have to add $1,100 more for a total of $25,300.

The FR-S will be available in seven colors: Raven, Asphalt, Hot Lava, Argento, Ultramarine, Firestorm and Whiteout.

For more on the Scion’s new rear-drive sports car, read AutoGuide’s 2013 Scion FR-S First Drive Here, or watch out video below.
    Read the full story at AutoGuide.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    FR-SForum.com
    Advertisements

2013 Scion FR-S "Official" Pricing Leaked: $24,200 US

When it hits Scion dealers in June, the 2013 FR-S will be priced from $24,200 according to a leaked dealer document. That puts it just $50 under the 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe.

Included in that price will be the 200 hp 2.0-liter direct-injection boxer 4-cylinder mated to a six-speed manual transmission. Those wishing for the surprisingly good six-speed automatic will have to add $1,100 more for a total of $25,300.The FR-S will be available in seven colors: Raven, Asphalt, Hot Lava, Argento, Ultramarine, Firestorm and Whiteout

Source Auto Guide

24 200 Us now that is a steal of a car...

now if only that was in Canadian pricing that would of been sweet...

Quote Originally Posted by rwdftw View Post
    now if only that was in Canadian pricing that would of been sweet...
    I doubt it will be far off from that.

Here's some detailed information on the pricing leak

To: All Scion Dealers March 20, 2012

Subject: 2013MY Scion FR-S Price Announcement

Scion is pleased to announce the starting price of $24,200 for the highly awaited 2013MY Scion.

FR-S which will arrive at Scion dealerships in June. Even with DPH, the starting price is still under $25,000!

2013MY Scion FR-S Highlights:
    This high performance sports car is the fifth model to join the Scion family. Inspired by the
    Toyota AE86, FR-S is designed around the core goal of achieving, “Pure Balance.” This
    balance begins with the use of the world’s only front-engine, rear-wheel drive configuration
    using a flat boxer engine.

Some of the great standard features on FR-S include:
    • 2.0 liter, 200 horsepower, naturally aspirated four-cylinder boxer engine

• Toyota’s cutting edge D-4S injection system with direct and port
    injection

• 6-speed manual transmission that offers quick precise shifts with a short
    throw

• 6-speed automatic transmission with rev-match and steering-wheel
    mounted paddle shifters

• Torque Sensing Limited Slip Differential

• 17-inch alloy wheels and ventilated disc brakes

FR-S’s interior ****pit instantly exudes a “sports car” feel. The front sports seats are shaped to
    accommodate manual shifting and support longitudinal and lateral G-force. The leather
    wrapped 3-spoke sports steering wheel, utilizes the smallest diameter in the Scion lineup.
    The idea of “Pure Balance” is further realized by FR-S’s lightweight design and compact size.
    This allows the car to be quick and nimble into and out of corners. This combination is further
    proof that Scion is truly “Bringing the Sport Back to the Car.”
    The FR-S will be available in seven colors including Raven, Asphalt, Hot Lava, Argento,
    Ultramarine, Firestorm and Whiteout.

Pricing Summary Documents:
    MSRP for the FR-S six-speed manual and six-speed sequential automatic transmissions are $24,200 and $25,300 respectively.

Model Transmission Description 2013 Base
    MSRP
    6253 6MT FA20 $24,200
    6252 6AT FA20 $25,300

All prices listed above exclude the Delivery, Processing, and Handling (DPH) fee
    Pricing will be announced to the public on Thursday, March 22, 2012. Please keep this
    information confidential until Thursday, March 22, 2012. Pricing details will be available in
    the Scion FR-S Price Guides posted in the “Secure Area” for Dealer Principals on Dealer Daily.
    Please contact your Regional Office or local administrator if you have any questions.

oh dear... that cant be right $5000 more then an Scion Tc + $2000 more then a Mustang v6?

I believe this is the official Subaru Document sent to dealers

To: All Scion Dealers March 20, 2012

Subject: 2013MY Scion FR-S Price Announcement

Scion is pleased to announce the starting price of $24,200 for the highly awaited 2013MY Scion.

FR-S which will arrive at Scion dealerships in June. Even with DPH, the starting price is still under $25,000!

2013MY Scion FR-S Highlights:
    This high performance sports car is the fifth model to join the Scion family. Inspired by the
    Toyota AE86, FR-S is designed around the core goal of achieving, “Pure Balance.” This
    balance begins with the use of the world’s only front-engine, rear-wheel drive configuration
    using a flat boxer engine.
    Some of the great standard features on FR-S include:
    • 2.0 liter, 200 horsepower, naturally aspirated four-cylinder boxer engine
    • Toyota’s cutting edge D-4S injection system with direct and port
    injection
    • 6-speed manual transmission that offers quick precise shifts with a short
    throw
    • 6-speed automatic transmission with rev-match and steering-wheel
    mounted paddle shifters
    • Torque Sensing Limited Slip Differential
    • 17-inch alloy wheels and ventilated disc brakes
    FR-S’s interior ****pit instantly exudes a “sports car” feel. The front sports seats are shaped to
    accommodate manual shifting and support longitudinal and lateral G-force. The leather
    wrapped 3-spoke sports steering wheel, utilizes the smallest diameter in the Scion lineup.
    The idea of “Pure Balance” is further realized by FR-S’s lightweight design and compact size.
    This allows the car to be quick and nimble into and out of corners. This combination is further
    proof that Scion is truly “Bringing the Sport Back to the Car.”
    The FR-S will be available in seven colors including Raven, Asphalt, Hot Lava, Argento,
    Ultramarine, Firestorm and Whiteout.

Pricing Summary Documents:
    MSRP for the FR-S six-speed manual and six-speed sequential automatic transmissions are $24,200 and $25,300 respectively.

Model Transmission Description 2013 Base
    MSRP
    6253 6MT FA20 $24,200
    6252 6AT FA20 $25,300

All prices listed above exclude the Delivery, Processing, and Handling (DPH) fee
    Pricing will be announced to the public on Thursday, March 22, 2012. Please keep this
    information confidential until Thursday, March 22, 2012. Pricing details will be available in
    the Scion FR-S Price Guides posted in the “Secure Area” for Dealer Principals on Dealer Daily.
    Please contact your Regional Office or local administrator if you have any questions.

Scion website says $24,930 Manual MSRP this morning...still cannot build and price one yet...

Quote Originally Posted by akxel View Post
    oh dear... that cant be right $5000 more then an Scion Tc + $2000 more then a Mustang v6?
    Yes, both uncomparable cars to the FR-S. A Domestic compared with an Import, are you kidding me???? Stang is a piece of &*&( compared to any car out there, even the Genesis.

Higher than what I first thought it would be. In Canada, it'll prlly come in around 27k. I'm going to have to rethink this potential purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by LLopez View Post
    Higher than what I first thought it would be. In Canada, it'll prlly come in around 27k. I'm going to have to rethink this potential purchase.
    Out of curiosity, what did you think the price would be? You can always wait until 2013 and buy used, that will save you a few grand.

buying a used fr-s in 2013 good luck a few thousand wont even be anywhere near worth it. maybe if you waited a few years then it would be worth it.. other nope not one bit...

I think the cars just overpriced in general... 22-23k woulda been a better target

I agree with liljpboi, shoulda been around 22-23k. My local dealership called me and told me it's gonna be $26,030. After all the fees & taxes, it's gonna be around 28k or so. I see myself getting my deposit back & getting an IS250 instead. What would you suggest I do?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.