2014 frs
NEWS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 frs

Smile 2014 frs

I'm wondering what all of you think about waiting til the '14 FR-S. I know everyone is excited and ready to get one (as am I), but here are my thoughts. It seems as though everyone online, car people, and forums are tearing this car apart. I'm hearing things like "Interior is horrible, audio is horrible, stereo headunit is horrible, not enough power, seats are too small, it's too expensive, ______ should come stock, there should be more add-ons, blahblahblah".

I bought a 2011 tC and sure enough, 2012, scion's new slogan for it is "Add-ons are now standard!". Of course we've all heard the rumors about the convertible FR-S more than likely happening soon but i'm not referring to that. I'm referring to the original FR-S. I hear Scion actually reads forums and reviews and what car buyers say, so i'm wondering if the '14 model will be much better or problems will be addressed.

Any ideas or comments?

2. Remove Advertisements
    FR-SForum.com
    Advertisements

Its likeley its all based on sales, my plan was to buy one, and wait for a possible release series or TRD version than trade up. im sure either way 2014 modles will boast new slight changes or "upgrades" but my best suggestion is to go drive one. I dont think the Audio system was weak at all, eight speakers standard with either 300 or 330 watt system. I think the sound for a factory system is great, remember this car wasnt sold as a show car with a Bose or Harmon system. As far as speed/power. im sure over the years things will increase, again. drive one, and note that it was not designed for straight line accel, it was a track car and you will notice once you drive it that it will remain flat and tight in the twisties. As far as the interior.. nothing horrible that I can see. the seats to me are comfortable and hug well when driving spirited like, the alcarta leather door panels and wheel are comfortable and stylish... This was quoted as the top ten most anticipated car in ten years. so yes.. People, magazines, are gonna tare it apart and bash it.. there are always negative people.

Hope my 2 cents helps, Go drive one! good luck finding a standard to drive

I have a red manual at my dealership right down the road right now. haha I dunno why everyone is freaking out about not finding a manual. My problem is actually finding a black auto!

Like MDT said it's all based on keeping them moving off lots. Release series possibly next year then incremental changes to make them "new" again. The biggest issue will be once there are 50-100k of em on the road will they continue the brisk sales. The car is a niche vehicle and the market for those is limited.

I don't see next years FR-S being different. That is my opinion. As for the people who review the car and have negative criticism. Go sit in one yourself and have your own opinion. Personally I think the interior is fine for the price.

An armrest

As the years go on the FR-S will get better but not significantly better. There are many things that can be added but it wont be done due to cost. We will see Scion adding little things here and there that will change how you feel about the car.....things such as a updated aero kit, wheels, minor interior changes, etc.

well not sure where you are getting all the bad press on this car. Most I hear is all great. I love the seats,the fit and finish is flawless as far as my car looks. I dont care about the radio and if the radio is a big deal buy somthing else. This car was meant to be all about the driving feel on the road and Toyota/Scion/Subaru wanted to keep the price point low enough to get peeps to buy. If this car came with all the BS stock then the price would be over 30k.

Scion reps actually state that there is no point in putting a good navigation unit in because people will be swapping it out for better ones anyways. So they just gave us the cheap radio to save us money.

It cost a lot of money for a manufacture to do major changes on a car that is why they only change when sales are going down. AKA every 3-5Years. This car is highly anticipated and sales will be high for a while. I suggest you drive one or just go sit in one in person that alone will sell you.

Quote Originally Posted by FRS-Ninja View Post
    It cost a lot of money for a manufacture to do major changes on a car that is why they only change when sales are going down. AKA every 3-5Years. This car is highly anticipated and sales will be high for a while. I suggest you drive one or just go sit in one in person that alone will sell you.
    yea for me it was love at sight... soon to be drive... can't wait to get one soon!
    The List:

2004 Honda EP3 SSM
    2008 MUGEN Si
    2008 MS3 (Current)

FUTURE: MY86

I own one of these cars and if you know and love to drive, then you will love this car as it is now. It is perfect

Quote Originally Posted by FRS-Ninja View Post
    Very good point. I can see the FR-S becoming one of those cars that last for a while, 7-8 years maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by atomicenergy13 View Post
    I'm wondering what all of you think about waiting til the '14 FR-S. I know everyone is excited and ready to get one (as am I), but here are my thoughts. It seems as though everyone online, car people, and forums are tearing this car apart. I'm hearing things like "Interior is horrible, audio is horrible, stereo headunit is horrible, not enough power, seats are too small, it's too expensive, ______ should come stock, there should be more add-ons, blahblahblah".

I bought a 2011 tC and sure enough, 2012, scion's new slogan for it is "Add-ons are now standard!". Of course we've all heard the rumors about the convertible FR-S more than likely happening soon but i'm not referring to that. I'm referring to the original FR-S. I hear Scion actually reads forums and reviews and what car buyers say, so i'm wondering if the '14 model will be much better or problems will be addressed.

Any ideas or comments?
    For the most part, I've read a lot more positive things about the FR-S than negative. Of course, lack of power has always been a main criticism. Something I hope will be improved in next years model.

Interior wise, I think what you get is what you pay for.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.