TRD Supercharger for FR-S
NEWS

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TRD Supercharger for FR-S

TRD Supercharger for FR-S

Is Scion providing a TRD supercharger for the 2014 FR-S? If this is true, the new model will produce 240 horsepower and 210 ft. lbs. of torque. Everyone knows that TRD products are meticulously engineered with the highest quality materials. I hope it's all true and perhaps someone from this forum will be able to confirm this, because Scion will have produced what may be the perfect FR-S!

2. Remove Advertisements
    FR-SForum.com
    Advertisements

From wence does this information propegate?

I'll make a deal with you..... I'll tell you my source, if you tell me the name and address of the dealer that's promising the big brake kit and supercharger with other "TRD goodies." Fair enough ?

PM'd.

Thank you Circs !

When I bought my frs the dealer told me about the supercharger. cost was $8000. Gee maybe I'll buy 2....

Lol !

Quote Originally Posted by markst View Post
    When I bought my frs the dealer told me about the supercharger. cost was $8000. Gee maybe I'll buy 2....
    I remember back in 2002 TRD came out with a sc for the Tundra for about 5 grand plus it required an extra spark plug I can't remember where.

I just read an article that stated the TRD Supercharger would cost $26,000 and a min order was two, but for racing only. So where the other rumor came from I don't know. I hope they release one for them at a reasonable price but doesn't sound like it will be that soon as the 2014 release.
    Earlier this year I purchased one with a cat back exhaust for my Tacoma and I paid slightly less than $7G for the items installed. When they come out $8 G for the FR-S as popular as they are sounds about right though.
    Last edited by subwaynm; 11-18-2013 at 12:12 AM.

Hey there,

This is an interesting topic. From what I understand is that given the willing dealership TRD will supply non-catalogued parts at request of the owner along with the participating Toyota/Scion dealership for almost any Toyota/Scion. The dealership I've been in touch with numerous times since December 2013 (when I bought my '14 FRS) tells me that esentially the folks that manage the dealership won't go beyond the cold-air intake and the cat-back exhaust modifications because they have absolutely no desire to extend any warranties onto further modifications. But apparently the additional goodies (SC, lowering kits, brakes) can/do exist.

So the moral of the story is to find the dealership ran by "car guys/girls" who share the passion.

I hope you're right about everything, but I learned a long time ago never to do business with friendly types and that with any significant business transaction, always get the exact terms in writing. Good luck!

Best wishes,
    A

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.